Pastoral Services Team
The Pastoral Care team cares for a wide range of spiritual needs and spiritual injuries, providing a sensitive and inclusive ministry in health crises. This team consists of approximately 160 representatives from most faith groups in Bermuda. They lead regular interfaith services in the hospital chapel and provide on-call spiritual support for patients, their families, caregivers and staff. The team is available for:
- Pastoral care and counseling
- Spiritual assessment, intervention, comfort, and nurture
- Facilitation and support of religious practices of all faiths and spiritual paths
- Emotional support
- Non-judgmental listening
- Crisis intervention
- Advocacy for patients and staff
- Collaboration with all members of the health care team
- Consultations on advanced directives, end-of-life decisions, and ethical issues
How can I volunteer?
Please contact the Workforce Planning and Development Office.