Registered Clinical Dietitians
Registered Clinical Dietitians are located in programmes throughout the hospitals. They provide nutrition screening, assessment, intervention and counselling for both outpatients and inpatients, helping patients adapt to diets appropriate to the individual needs of people based on their medical needs.
Outpatient Dietetic Services
Outpatient Dietetic Services provides support to individuals who want to develop healthy eating habits or have concerns about
- Digestive system diseases
- Cardiovascular diseases (e.g. High cholesterol, High blood pressure)
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Kidney disease
- Enteral or Parenteral feeding (patients who are fed through a tube)
- Diabetes or high blood sugar – The service for people with Diabetes is based at the Centre for Chronic Disease Management on the Mid-Atlantic Wellness Institute (MWI) campus.
A doctor’s referral is not necessary for a consultation with a Dietitian unless there is a medical issue, however it is required if you wish to use your insurance .
Initial appointments are usually 90 minutes long and follow-up appointments are usually 30 minutes long.
Outpatient Dietetic Services are covered as a standard hospital benefit depending on the type of insurance policy you have. You are responsible for any outstanding amounts. Please check your individual policy for details.
The Outpatient Dietitian office is located on the Ground floor at King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, within the Outpatient Physiotherapy department.
Focusing on Your Health and Wellness: BHB Nutrition
BHB Nutrition is a personalised online nutrition system available 24hrs a day through this website which you can use to manage your nutritional goals.
- Track your daily intake to ensure you meet your nutritional targets
- As well as calories, carbohydrates, protein and fat, you can also monitor your intake of 22 other nutrients
- Create and track your personalised goals and view your successes
- Improve your eating habits and follow food suggestions to improve nutrient deficiencies
- Create custom meal plans and recipes
- Print yourself a grocery list before you head to the store
There are two different rates for this service once you have decided to enroll in BHB Nutrition. The stand alone rate allows full access to the BHB nutrition programme for self monitoring. The coaching rate includes the monitoring of your meal tracking by a Clinical Dietitian and monthly emails with advice and tips to help improve your success.
|Activation Time||Stand Alone Rate||Rate with coaching|
In order to access BHB Nutrition, you will need to:
- Pay the relevant fee at the cashier’s office by the Emergency Department. Alternatively you can call the cashiers office on 239-1384 to pay by card over the phone.
- Provide a copy of your receipt to the Outpatient Dietitian who will provide you with an individual access code to set up your account.
- Ensure you provide copies of all future receipts to the Outpatient Dietitian to ensure your account remains activated.
Already a member?
Click the button on the right to access your tools to better nutrition.
Or go to a specific feature:
Anxious to get started?
Contact us on 441-239-1603 to set up your account or to schedule a consultation.
Don’t forget you can also access interactive self-assessment tools available on in our Health and Wellness Information section.